Title: "Who Are We, Who Is God, And What Is The Relationship Between Us."
Wisdom Point: His Holiness, "In Truth There Is Only One God, One Prayer, One Family, And There Is Really Only One Life, Only One Soul, Which Is The Life of God Within Each of Us, Within All of Creation."
Date Written: April, 1989, Date Last Updated: July, 2004
Date Published: July, 2004
Written by: Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler)
Written to: Rev. George. A. Johnson, Nigeria, Africa
Go To: Introduction - to Spiritual Letter 01, with a Link to "About Spiritual Letter 01"
Link to each page
Go To: Page 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Page 1 of 16
Go To Table of Contents - Spiritual Letter 01
Introduction - to Spiritual Letter 01
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim. In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Al-salam 'alaykum wa-rahmat Allah wa barakatuhu kulluhu. Wa 'alaykum al-salam wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. May all the peace, the beneficence, and the blessing of God be upon us all. May God help us all.
This letter was written in response to a request that was sent to the Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship in Philadelphia in February, 1989, a little over two years after the physical passing of our Father, Shaikh Muhammad Rahim Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased with Him). In this letter a brother from Nigeria, Africa, asked us to teach him, to explain to him the Esoteric Aspects of Islam, and to tell him, "Who is Bawa Muhaiyaddeen?" Please on the following or at the top of this Page to read a copy of the letter from Rev. George. A. Johnson, Nigeria, Africa: About Spiritual Letter 01.
The following letter is the response to this request that was written by this child, in partnership with Bawa, and along with a cover letter, given to the Executive Committee of the Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship for their review and transmission to the brother.
Please click on the following or at the top of this Page to read a letter of the cover letter to each member of the Executive Committee: About Spiritual Letter 01.
It also represents the first real project, after Bawa physically left the world in 1986, where this child really learned how to get the work done, by joining in partnership with Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased with him) within the heart.
Please click on the following: About Spiritual Letter 01, to read more about the significance of this letter, as well as, as noted above, to read a copy of the request written by the brother from Nigeria to the Fellowship, as well as to read a copy of the cover letter concerning this letter that was sent to each member of the Executive Committee of the Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship in Philadelphia.
My love you (anbu), my dearest loving brothers and sisters - Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler).
Outline of Spiritual Letter - outline of Entire Spiritual Letter, with Page Breaks, and a Link to each individual Page of the letter
(Note: the original letter had no outline, but we have included one with this copy to help you more easily read and navigate this rather long document. Here as Page 1 we provide the Entire Outline for Spiritual Letter 01, and with each individual Page of the letter we provide the Outline that applies to that page. Also, since this Web Page Version of the letter takes 18 separate web pages, we have included Page Breaks in the Page 1 Entire Outline that gives us the ability to jump to the beginning of each Web Page, by simply click on the Page Number in the outline, allowing us to go directly to that page. Also, at the end of each page you can come back to this outline by clicking on Return To Outline. In addition, we have given each Major Section in the letter a "Title", to help organize and summarize the letter)
Page 1 - you are already on Page 1, which includes the following:
Outline, and access to each Page in the Letter (just click on the Page Number
to go to that Page)
Page 2 to Page 18 - click on the Page Number to go to that Page
A. An Introduction To The Life And Teaching of Bawa
Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased with Him)
1. The True Meaning Of Islam - is Unity And Oneness
2. We Have Come To The "School of Contrasts" - called the world, to understand
"Who We Are, Who God Is, And The Relationship Between Us"
3. The Two Divine Lights Within Us
4. Only God Can Sweeten A Sour Fruit
5. The Great Dilemma - the difference between the path of ignorance and the
path of wisdom
6. The Gift of Understanding
7. All That Is Lacking In Our Life - is wisdom, is a direct connection with God
8. Changing The Circle of Life - into the spiral of life
9. The Path of Wisdom
10. The False Life - that separates us from our true life, and from God
11. The True Life - that completes God's intention for creating us
12. What Does God See - when He looks at us?
13. How Can We Identify And Discard - the darkness within us
14. The Nature of Our True Life - and our true path
15. The Nature of Faith And Trust In God
16. We Are - the book of God that must be read
17. But We Are Not - the student of God who can read the book of God
18. We Are The Earth - that can give birth to the student of God
19. But We Don't Know How - to give birth to the student of God
20. Only The True Disciple - can give birth to the student of God
21. But We Do Not Know How - to become a true disciple
22. Only By Entering The Heart Of The Shaikh - can we become a True Disciple
23. But We Do Not Know How - to enter the heart of the Shaikh
24. Only By Completing The Three Steps - in the True Shaikh-Disciple
Relationship can we enter the heart of the Shaikh
25. The True Disciple of God Within Us
26. The Spiritual Child of Wisdom Within Us
27. What's Happening? - God is happening within us, that's what happening
28. Who Are We? Who Is God? - and what is the relationship between us?
29. What Does The Wise Man See?
30. What Do We See?
31. How Can We Find A True Wise Man?
32. What Is The Path of Wisdom?
B. Review of The Letter Written To The Fellowship By The
Brother From Africa
33. We Can Only Truly Meet - within the open heart of the Shaikh
34. Bawa Does Not Speak - of any esoteric part of Islam
35. There Is No Need To Dwell - in other people's illusions, ideas, and opinions,
but it is ever better not to dwell in our own
36. Who Is The One - who walks the path to God?
37. We Cannot Truly Pray To God - because God is One and we are many
38. God Is Truth - and Man is wisdom and beauty
39. The True Path of Islam - is the path of the Spiritual Child within us
40. Our Physical Life - is but the vessel for our Spiritual Life
41. The True Virgin Birth
42. The True Virgin Mary (A.S.) - is the purified earth within us
43. The True Father of The Son of God - is the Son of God, as it is only God who
can reveal God.
44. The True Woman - is the qualities of God, and the True Man is the power of
45. The True Path of God - is the path of Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (may God be
pleased with Him) within us, the path of Iman-Islam within us
46. What Separates Us From God - is our arrogance, karma, and illusion, and what
separates us from each other are the qualities of the Creation of God, of the lives
of incompleteness within us
47. We Must Realize - that "we", that the "we" of "separation and differences", that
the "we" of our mind and desire, is the "enemy of our soul", and that our desires
to live here in the world of illusory form on the "outside" of us, are the 5 nails that
keep Jesus (peace be upon Him) crucified within us on the cross of our
48. We Must Realize - that the wisdom within us, the wisdom surrounding our soul,
is the only friend of the soul, the only one who can liberate the soul within us
from the cross of our elemental body, but that wisdom within us is sleeping, and
needs to awaken by hearing the "Word of God" for our age on the "outside" of us,
and then do battle with the "enemy of the soul", and we must decide who to join,
either our wisdom within us or the "enemy of our soul" on the "outside" of us, and
we must and always do decide, even if we don't know it, since we cannot have
49. The Father And Mother of The True Life Within Us - is God and Bawa
Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased with Him) within us, is the truth and
wisdom of God within us
50. Our Relationship With Bawa - with our wisdom within us, is the start of our
relationship with God within our wisdom, within Bawa within us
51. Before Our Physical Death - we must obtain a heart of purity
52. Before Our Physical Death - we must die to ourselves, we must make the
world of illusion that we contain in our hearts, and see in our ignorace as existing
"outside" of us, die within our wisdom and truth within us, die within Bawa and
God within us
53. Before Our Physical Death - God must pass judgment upon all lives within us,
and we must become through this judgment the light of God to the world.
54. Before Our Physical Death - we must become the qualities, actions, and duty
of God within us
55. The Reason Bawa Came Into The World - was to raise His Children and
return them to God
56. Before Our Physical Death - we must understand the nature of our true Father,
and the nature of our false fathers
57. Before Our Physical Death - we must accept Bawa with us, and God within
Him, who are "One" with each other and with us, as our true Father, and we must
try hard to do what They tell us, by joining in "partnership" with Them within us,
that is, with Bawa within us, and with God within Him, and by stopping all of our
"working for wages" in order to get into heaven
58. The Living Presence of God - versus the "People of The Book"
59. It Is Only In The Purity of The Teaching - that the teaching of Bawa
Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased with Him) will be of value to us, and that
value is the liberation of our soul.
60. The True Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship - is the true "House of God"
61. We Must Realize - that in truth "Man and God are One", that God in Anadi is
truly Man in the world, and that Man in the world is truly God in Anadi
62. Man Is The History of God, The Story of God - and the completion of that
history of God, that story of God, is God, and in this way, God is the completion
of Man and Man is the completion of God, and as such they are One
63. If You Are There, God Is Not There - and if God is there, you are not there,
and in this way, there is only one for True Prayer; the prayer of the One to the
One who is
64. - "In process and partly available"
Pages 14 through 16 - in process and not yet available.
(Note: this child has again joined with Bawa within the heart to update this letter to the brother from Africa, to better reflect the current level of surrender of this child within the heart of Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased with Him), and to point to reference material now available in this On-line "Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Library", but the document is basically the same - It is Heart's Work.
My love you (anbu) - Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler)
End of Page 1 of 18 of
Spiritual Letter 01
- outline & summary version -
Go To Spiritual Letter 01:
Table of Contents
( a top-down version of the Library Home Page)
(a bottom-up version of the Library Home Page)